Support Forums

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:Support ForumKnowledgebase: SupportDatabase
Please to create posts and topics.

Database

Hi Doug

Posted a question earlier but it seems to have disappeared

I've got to create a database for a client who will be offering different services in various areas eg plumbers or electricians and a few other listings . What would be the best way to create this ? I've tried using  Geodirectory but none of the themes are installed and it won't allow me to do that . It also seems limited with the number of posts

Regards

George

Hi George

I'm pretty sure GD should work for this, I've created two pretty complex directory listings sites with it already. This is one of them: https://bizarray.co.za/organizations/jeppe/

Unfortunately we are not able to use any of the GD child themes, like Supreme Themes, as Redshift platform uses the Divi theme by default.

However you can get a nice look and feel with the Divi child themes.

What posts are you finding limiting, as there is no limits I'm aware of.

Let me know if you need a hand.

Cheers

Greg

Hi George,

You last post was as a guest, that's why it 'disappeared'.

Hi George,

The cheap way is to have a bunch of newsletter lists (one for each area). Then when someone sends a request, he would have to manually send out a newsletter to the appropriate list.

Alternately, you would have to setup a directory (like the Local store connector or Bizarray) which would allow people to search and choose their own provider and email that person (not everyone). The free Geodirectory is limited to one city. We can sell you a liscense for the PRO Geodirectory if you're interested.

And finally, you could use a CRM like ZOHO to manage this functionality in the background. The website is just a place to market and host the forms.

Thanks

Doug

Thanks so much Doug and Greg .

I will look at all the options. Doug what would be the price for the pro licence ? I can let my client decide what he wants.Greg I will give you a call later

Take care

George

Hi George,

A directory is not right for what you want to do. I have been thinking and you should use Zoho for this. The core part is free so go sign up and start playing with adding in the service providers (create the fields you need to do this). Then you will need to upgrade to a paid for component called "flows". That is what you will use to create the "request from user" to "email to service providers".

Thanks

Doug

Hi Doug

I see Zoho has got a wordpress plugin . Is that worth getting or is it better to link the site to Zoho with CSS ?

Regards

George

Hi George,

Best is to use javascript to integrate to the site. You paste it in the Divi settings and then a little snippet of code on the page where you need stuff. This is best.

Easiest is to use iframe html but it is not as neat as the above in terms of styling.

I have used the Zoho plugins on other sites and they are not great. But we can discuss this and other integration options. For example, Gravity forms (WP form creator - the best one) will send the data to Zoho. But gravity is a paid for plugin...

If you would like some help with this client, let me know.

Thanks

Doug