Support Forums

Where to find inline help on Redshift

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:Support ForumKnowledgebase: SupportDNS redirect
Please to create posts and topics.

DNS redirect

Hi Doug

Please could you redirect redshift.site/findyourhandyman to findyourhandyman.net

We also need one email addy please info@findyourhandyman.net

Thanks in advance

Hi Malcolm,

This domain transfer was cancelled by agreement. So you still control this domain and it's email addresses (and DNS).

Please see the account link in the main menu of your website, right at the bottom. In there see the custom domain section. You need to add an A record and a CNAME record to your domain's DNS. Once that is done, insert the domain name (without www or http) in the "custom domain" field on your account page and save.

As soon as the DNS updates, it will work.

You will create email addresses where ever you manage this domain.

Thanks

Doug

Hi Doug

Not sure if I am doing this right - see attached

Redirect image is when I only add an Q record

DNS on name com 1 is the view of what I am trying to enter with A and CName

Any help as always greatly appreciated

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hi Malcolm,

The CNAME record must just point to our domain, like this: redshift.site

Without the https://  or the /findmyhandyman bit.

Thanks

Doug

Ok did that and got to Konsole H page with a webmail and mail-admin login, not the FYHM front page

Hi Malcolm,

Apparently you have 2 x @ records in the DNS. You should only have one and it should point to the IP address you get from your account on Redshift.

And you must ensure the www record also points to the same IP.

It is this conflict of DNS records which is preventing the issuing of a secure certificate (which is why you land on that page).

Thanks

Doug

Hi Doug

I now only have the A record pointing to IP 197.221.12.206 which I got from my DNS info in the Account Section (see attached image)

Now I want to setup the SSL cert and encounter this on the name.com page

Since you are not using Name.com hosting, you’ll need to generate a CSR code through your hosting provider, then copy and paste it into this field (including the ---BEGIN CERTIFICATE--- and ---END CERTIFICATE--- text). Please contact your hosting provider for specific instructions on generating your CSR code.

I assume soon as I do the SSL the custom domain will be reachable?

Uploaded files:

Hi Malcolm,

No, you should not have to generate an SSL.

When you get the DNS right and pointing to us properly, our server will generate an SSL for your domain automatically. The only thing preventing it (and causing the current error resolve) is the incorrect DNS records. All you have to do is get the DNS record right and it will work.

Thanks

Doug

Doug

Please see attached I cant see anything wrong can you?

Name.com also do URL forwarding - perhaps that is what we need to do ??

Uploaded files: