Support Forums

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

RankMath - ranking issue

Hi Doug,

I have done a product page's basic SEO to get it SEO ready. However, something weird happens.

Please see the two attached screenshots.

The one is the "All Products" Page and the second picture is the specific product page.

I did the SEO with regards to the keyword, Image Alt text, and the SEO snippet. I got a ranking of 83/100 and saved the page. Now I exited the page and went back to the all product page, which "registered" the 83/100 for Heaven Scent Bouquet product, now when I went into the page, without even changing anything, just loading the page, the ranking changed to 66/100 and now it lists certain things about the keyword as "outstanding / still needs to be done" such as that the keyword is not appearing in the content or at Image Alt Text, however it does appear in the content and in the Image Alt text  (The 4th and 5th list on the Basic SEO and the first 3 on the Additional lists were ticked green.) Why does this happen?

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hi Martmarie,

To troubleshoot this I would need to access your website. Please go to user and add new. Choose to add an existing user and start typing in this email hello@redshift.site That should suggest a user account which once you have added as an admin, I can use to check your site on it's mapped domain.

I will also add that in many years of chasing the SEO traffic, it was only after I gave up and stopped fussing about SEO that I started to get search traffic. My advice with regards to SEO, write original copy and add alt text to images. That is it!

But add me to your site and I'll see what is going on.

Thanks

Doug

I have sent you a link.

I understand that and agree with you point regarding SEO.

Want I want to understand is why it doesn't register the keyword, even though it is there in the Image Alt Text and the content.

Hi Mart-Marie,

It is most likely about it being "in" the content instead of "at the beginning of" the content. In most cases Rank math wants you to put it in front!

thanks

Doug

Hi Mart-Marie,

You added me with the role of 'editor'. You need to change my role to 'admin' in users.

Thanks

Doug

Hi Mart-Marie,

Firstly, the SEO thing. Here is the alt text on your featured image: "Wild Flower Art's Heaven Scent floral bouquet is truly heavenly with seasonal availability of peonies with orange and pink colour blocking. The two elements that are the basis of the design: Peonies and Proteas. Our Heaven Scent Floral Arrangement is based on seasonality of flowers and foliage, thus subject to change."

This does not contain the phrase "heaven scent bouquet". All I can think is that you used the image somewhere else on the site, after doing the product SEO, and there you changed the alt text. Alt text applies to the image, so if you change it in one place, it changes in all places on the site.

Secondly, now that I have seen how you are building the product page, I really need to show you something about Divi. You do not have to build each product like that. I can show you how to make a template(s) for your product pages. I will email you now to setup a zoom meet.

Thanks

Doug